A former space shuttle astronaut is going to court for the right to call himself an astronaut. Democrat Jose Hernandez is running for Congress in California's 10th District, but a lawsuit filed by a firm with ties to his GOP opponent demands that the word "astronaut" not appear next to Hernandez's name on the official ballot, on the grounds that "astronaut is not a title one carries for life."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
Subscribe to the Week