A former space shuttle astronaut is going to court for the right to call himself an astronaut. Democrat Jose Hernandez is running for Congress in California's 10th District, but a lawsuit filed by a firm with ties to his GOP opponent demands that the word "astronaut" not appear next to Hernandez's name on the official ballot, on the grounds that "astronaut is not a title one carries for life."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
Subscribe to the Week