A former space shuttle astronaut is going to court for the right to call himself an astronaut. Democrat Jose Hernandez is running for Congress in California's 10th District, but a lawsuit filed by a firm with ties to his GOP opponent demands that the word "astronaut" not appear next to Hernandez's name on the official ballot, on the grounds that "astronaut is not a title one carries for life."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week