If you enjoy short reads on the john, a company called Collector's Edition is offering rolls upon rolls of 140-character entertainment. The customized toilet paper, called "Shitter," is an extended sheet-by-sheet printout of the Twitter feeds of your choosing ($35 for four rolls, plus $15 shipping), letting you read your favorite — or most despised — tweets, wipe, then flush them down the drain. "Social media has never been so disposable," Shitter says.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
Subscribe to the Week