If you enjoy short reads on the john, a company called Collector's Edition is offering rolls upon rolls of 140-character entertainment. The customized toilet paper, called "Shitter," is an extended sheet-by-sheet printout of the Twitter feeds of your choosing ($35 for four rolls, plus $15 shipping), letting you read your favorite — or most despised — tweets, wipe, then flush them down the drain. "Social media has never been so disposable," Shitter says.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- What is Jebonomics?
- The liberation of Barack Obama
Subscribe to the Week