If you enjoy short reads on the john, a company called Collector's Edition is offering rolls upon rolls of 140-character entertainment. The customized toilet paper, called "Shitter," is an extended sheet-by-sheet printout of the Twitter feeds of your choosing ($35 for four rolls, plus $15 shipping), letting you read your favorite — or most despised — tweets, wipe, then flush them down the drain. "Social media has never been so disposable," Shitter says.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science can help you survive scary movies
Subscribe to the Week