If you've long wondered why cars aren't more espresso-friendly, this is the gadget for you. The Handpresso Auto (around $200) is a portable, hand-held espresso maker that plugs into the cigarette lighter on your dashboard. Add a dash of water, and Hand-presto! You can have a steaming cup of the strong stuff while swerving in and out of traffic. Caveat: This product is only available in France, but may be coming to the U.S. soon. Source: BusinessWeek
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
Subscribe to the Week