If you've long wondered why cars aren't more espresso-friendly, this is the gadget for you. The Handpresso Auto (around $200) is a portable, hand-held espresso maker that plugs into the cigarette lighter on your dashboard. Add a dash of water, and Hand-presto! You can have a steaming cup of the strong stuff while swerving in and out of traffic. Caveat: This product is only available in France, but may be coming to the U.S. soon. Source: BusinessWeek
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
Subscribe to the Week