If you've long wondered why cars aren't more espresso-friendly, this is the gadget for you. The Handpresso Auto (around $200) is a portable, hand-held espresso maker that plugs into the cigarette lighter on your dashboard. Add a dash of water, and Hand-presto! You can have a steaming cup of the strong stuff while swerving in and out of traffic. Caveat: This product is only available in France, but may be coming to the U.S. soon. Source: BusinessWeek
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week