Be the master of your own fate with Sunbeam's Fortune Cookie Maker ($29.99). The device, which can admittedly bake only two cookies at a time, boasts a non-stick interior, and comes with specific baking tools and a recipe for fortune cookie batter. To ensure relative happiness, Sunbeam even throws in a pen so you can write your own fortunes, as indulgently as you wish. Source: Gizmag
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week