The suggestion that black Florida teen Trayvon Martin was shot dead in February by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman because Martin's hooded sweatshirt made him look like a criminal inspired a swift, angry backlash. Hundreds of thousands gathered in support of Martin at the Million Hoodie March, while Rep. Bobby Bush (D-Ill.) wore one while addressing Congress. The protest continues with this "Not a Threat!" hoodie ($48.35).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week