Minnesota man was jailed because he failed to complete the siding on his house. Mitch Faber says he spent $12,000 bringing his home's stucco exterior in line with zoning laws, but officials declared the work unsatisfactory and he was arrested and jailed for two days. "I had to shower in front of a sheriff," Faber says, and "my wrists were handcuffed to my waist — for siding."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Can Rand Paul avoid the Neville Chamberlain trap?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- To build the Death Star, we'll need this space elevator
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
Subscribe to the Week