A Minnesota man was jailed because he failed to complete the siding on his house. Mitch Faber says he spent $12,000 bringing his home's stucco exterior in line with zoning laws, but officials declared the work unsatisfactory and he was arrested and jailed for two days. "I had to shower in front of a sheriff," Faber says, and "my wrists were handcuffed to my waist — for siding."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week