"Could anything be more fussy" than using this pricey gadget just to wash your face? Maybe not. But the Clarisonic Mia ($120), a vibrating cleansing brush, makes skin feel and look many times better without the raw feeling you get from exfoliating. The Mia "works sort of like an electric toothbrush: Apply a facial cleanser to the bristles, turn it on, and move the brush in circles." The 300 vibrations per second remove dirt and oil twice as effectively as manual cleansing. "It's like getting a gentle facial before going to sleep every night." Source: Details
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week