"Could anything be more fussy" than using this pricey gadget just to wash your face? Maybe not. But the Clarisonic Mia ($120), a vibrating cleansing brush, makes skin feel and look many times better without the raw feeling you get from exfoliating. The Mia "works sort of like an electric toothbrush: Apply a facial cleanser to the bristles, turn it on, and move the brush in circles." The 300 vibrations per second remove dirt and oil twice as effectively as manual cleansing. "It's like getting a gentle facial before going to sleep every night." Source: Details
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Three major publications have acknowledged plagiarism by Fareed Zakaria. Does CNN have no shame?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week