Since 2008, the number of Americans who have permits to carry concealed weapons has climbed from five million to seven million, and the fashion industry is taking note. Woolrich, a 182-year-old clothier, has introduced a line of Elite Concealed Carry clothing for the stylish handgun owner. Pants are equipped with a special weapon pocket, while a trendy vest boasts a secret gun compartment. "I'm not James Bond or nothing, but these look pretty nice," says Kentucky customer Shawn Thompson, 35.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
Subscribe to the Week