Since 2008, the number of Americans who have permits to carry concealed weapons has climbed from five million to seven million, and the fashion industry is taking note. Woolrich, a 182-year-old clothier, has introduced a line of Elite Concealed Carry clothing for the stylish handgun owner. Pants are equipped with a special weapon pocket, while a trendy vest boasts a secret gun compartment. "I'm not James Bond or nothing, but these look pretty nice," says Kentucky customer Shawn Thompson, 35.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week