Since 2008, the number of Americans who have permits to carry concealed weapons has climbed from five million to seven million, and the fashion industry is taking note. Woolrich, a 182-year-old clothier, has introduced a line of Elite Concealed Carry clothing for the stylish handgun owner. Pants are equipped with a special weapon pocket, while a trendy vest boasts a secret gun compartment. "I'm not James Bond or nothing, but these look pretty nice," says Kentucky customer Shawn Thompson, 35.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
Subscribe to the Week