ince 2008, the number of Americans who have permits to carry concealed weapons has climbed from five million to seven million, and the fashion industry is taking note. Woolrich, a 182-year-old clothier, has introduced a line of Elite Concealed Carry clothing for the stylish handgun owner. Pants are equipped with a special weapon pocket, while a trendy vest boasts a secret gun compartment. "I'm not James Bond or nothing, but these look pretty nice," says Kentucky customer Shawn Thompson, 35.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week