Since 2008, the number of Americans who have permits to carry concealed weapons has climbed from five million to seven million, and the fashion industry is taking note. Woolrich, a 182-year-old clothier, has introduced a line of Elite Concealed Carry clothing for the stylish handgun owner. Pants are equipped with a special weapon pocket, while a trendy vest boasts a secret gun compartment. "I'm not James Bond or nothing, but these look pretty nice," says Kentucky customer Shawn Thompson, 35.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 10 things you need to know today: September 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week