A 4-year-old Montana girl was subjected to a full body pat-down by TSA officials when she hugged her grandmother after passing through airport security. The girl's mother, Michelle Brademeyer, says screeners coldly treated her daughter, Isabella, "like a tool in a terrorist plot," suggesting her grandma may have slipped her a gun. One agent justified searching Isabella by saying she'd once "seen a gun in a teddy bear."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Confronting our twisted relationship with food
Subscribe to the Week