A 4-year-old Montana girl was subjected to a full body pat-down by TSA officials when she hugged her grandmother after passing through airport security. The girl's mother, Michelle Brademeyer, says screeners coldly treated her daughter, Isabella, "like a tool in a terrorist plot," suggesting her grandma may have slipped her a gun. One agent justified searching Isabella by saying she'd once "seen a gun in a teddy bear."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week