A 4-year-old Montana girl was subjected to a full body pat-down by TSA officials when she hugged her grandmother after passing through airport security. The girl's mother, Michelle Brademeyer, says screeners coldly treated her daughter, Isabella, "like a tool in a terrorist plot," suggesting her grandma may have slipped her a gun. One agent justified searching Isabella by saying she'd once "seen a gun in a teddy bear."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
Subscribe to the Week