Alabama's Alcoholic Beverage Control Board has banned the sale of Dirty Bastard beer because of its name, although Fat Bastard wine and Dirty Bitch beer are still for sale in the state. Officials said the other brands were approved years ago, and that they have a duty "to keep dirty pictures and dirty words away from children."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Behind the scenes at small-town America's beauty pageants
Subscribe to the Week