Alabama's Alcoholic Beverage Control Board has banned the sale of Dirty Bastard beer because of its name, although Fat Bastard wine and Dirty Bitch beer are still for sale in the state. Officials said the other brands were approved years ago, and that they have a duty "to keep dirty pictures and dirty words away from children."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week