French designer Gisèle Ganne has created a line of divorce rings ($1,348) for the woman ready to convey to the world "a defiant 'I don't.'" Ganne's designs subvert traditional wedding symbols by combining a bird skull with a bride's bouquet and a single gem. The ring can be used to celebrate, advertise, or mourn the end of a union, and the long beak has a decidedly insolent look on the hand. The pieces are available in 18-karat gold or silver, and there's even a knuckle-duster — "for those who are going through a really bad divorce." Source: Daily Mail
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
Subscribe to the Week