man directs the campaign bus of presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, who is on his way out of Walterboro, S.C., on Jan. 19. While in town, Gingrich enjoyed a barbecue hosted by the Lowcountry Sportsmen, and extolled the group's preferred hobby — hunting — saying, "people who hunt and fish are the real conservationists." Gingrich won a thumping victory on Jan. 21 in South Carolina's primary — one of only two wins for him in the 2012 campaign.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week