A man directs the campaign bus of presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, who is on his way out of Walterboro, S.C., on Jan. 19. While in town, Gingrich enjoyed a barbecue hosted by the Lowcountry Sportsmen, and extolled the group's preferred hobby — hunting — saying, "people who hunt and fish are the real conservationists." Gingrich won a thumping victory on Jan. 21 in South Carolina's primary — one of only two wins for him in the 2012 campaign.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to live a long life, according to science
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
Subscribe to the Week