A man directs the campaign bus of presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, who is on his way out of Walterboro, S.C., on Jan. 19. While in town, Gingrich enjoyed a barbecue hosted by the Lowcountry Sportsmen, and extolled the group's preferred hobby — hunting — saying, "people who hunt and fish are the real conservationists." Gingrich won a thumping victory on Jan. 21 in South Carolina's primary — one of only two wins for him in the 2012 campaign.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
Subscribe to the Week