California motorcyclist Henry Wolf is suing BMW North America over an unusual injury he blames on his 1993 BMW bike: A 20-month erection. Wolf says that after a four-hour ride on his Beamer, and its after-market "ridge-like seat," he's now unable to tame his erection or, perhaps counterintuitively, have sex. Wolf is seeking compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, emotional distress, and "general damage."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week