Though most babies willingly bathe in cheap plastic tubs, one Italian company believes "an untapped luxury market" is out there. The MagicBath baby hot tub ($2,186), from BluBleu, promises to take stressed-out infants on "a fabulous journey of sensory experiences." Ten air jets pump out bubbles to caress the user, while underwater LEDs emit blue, indigo, and violet "chromatherapy" light in a preprogrammed cycle. A baby can recline in the tub until about 6 months and then sit for the next six. Subsequently, life goes downhill. Source: Gizmag.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
Subscribe to the Week