Though most babies willingly bathe in cheap plastic tubs, one Italian company believes "an untapped luxury market" is out there. The MagicBath baby hot tub ($2,186), from BluBleu, promises to take stressed-out infants on "a fabulous journey of sensory experiences." Ten air jets pump out bubbles to caress the user, while underwater LEDs emit blue, indigo, and violet "chromatherapy" light in a preprogrammed cycle. A baby can recline in the tub until about 6 months and then sit for the next six. Subsequently, life goes downhill. Source: Gizmag.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week