Though most babies willingly bathe in cheap plastic tubs, one Italian company believes "an untapped luxury market" is out there. The MagicBath baby hot tub ($2,186), from BluBleu, promises to take stressed-out infants on "a fabulous journey of sensory experiences." Ten air jets pump out bubbles to caress the user, while underwater LEDs emit blue, indigo, and violet "chromatherapy" light in a preprogrammed cycle. A baby can recline in the tub until about 6 months and then sit for the next six. Subsequently, life goes downhill. Source: Gizmag.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week