campaign worker cleans the carpet before presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney takes the stage in Manchester, N.H., on April 24. After Romney swept five primaries that night — in New York, Connecticut, Delaware, Rhode Island, and Pennsylvania — nearly everyone in America not named Newt Gingrich conceded that the Republican nomination fight was over.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The indignity of canine bath time
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
Subscribe to the Week