campaign worker cleans the carpet before presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney takes the stage in Manchester, N.H., on April 24. After Romney swept five primaries that night — in New York, Connecticut, Delaware, Rhode Island, and Pennsylvania — nearly everyone in America not named Newt Gingrich conceded that the Republican nomination fight was over.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week