head of President Obama's May 5 visit to Ohio State University's Value City Arena, a whiteboard reminds university employees that "the president of the United States and the first lady will be joining us," and urges them to sign up for extra hours to work the event — which officially kicked off Obama's re-election campaign. "If people ask you what this campaign is about, you tell them it's still about hope," the president said to a crowd of 18,000, "you tell them it's still about change."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week