head of President Obama's May 5 visit to Ohio State University's Value City Arena, a whiteboard reminds university employees that "the president of the United States and the first lady will be joining us," and urges them to sign up for extra hours to work the event — which officially kicked off Obama's re-election campaign. "If people ask you what this campaign is about, you tell them it's still about hope," the president said to a crowd of 18,000, "you tell them it's still about change."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
Subscribe to the Week