Ahead of President Obama's May 5 visit to Ohio State University's Value City Arena, a whiteboard reminds university employees that "the president of the United States and the first lady will be joining us," and urges them to sign up for extra hours to work the event — which officially kicked off Obama's re-election campaign. "If people ask you what this campaign is about, you tell them it's still about hope," the president said to a crowd of 18,000, "you tell them it's still about change."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week