Certain styles of Nike sneakers are so sought after that wearing them in the wrong place at the wrong time could conceivably result in a mugging. The limited-edition Indulgence No. 5 Nike Dunks (price available on request) probably fit that bill. Part of Kenneth Courtney's "Ju$t Another Rich Kid" line, these Dunks are dipped in 24-karat gold. Only five pairs are being made, so "we're thinking only ultra rich sneaker heads like Kanye West or Jay-Z will be able to afford them," says Business Insider's Lorenzo Arguello.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to deep fry a turkey
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week