Certain styles of Nike sneakers are so sought after that wearing them in the wrong place at the wrong time could conceivably result in a mugging. The limited-edition Indulgence No. 5 Nike Dunks (price available on request) probably fit that bill. Part of Kenneth Courtney's "Ju$t Another Rich Kid" line, these Dunks are dipped in 24-karat gold. Only five pairs are being made, so "we're thinking only ultra rich sneaker heads like Kanye West or Jay-Z will be able to afford them," says Business Insider's Lorenzo Arguello.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week