ertain styles of Nike sneakers are so sought after that wearing them in the wrong place at the wrong time could conceivably result in a mugging. The limited-edition Indulgence No. 5 Nike Dunks (price available on request) probably fit that bill. Part of Kenneth Courtney's "Ju$t Another Rich Kid" line, these Dunks are dipped in 24-karat gold. Only five pairs are being made, so "we're thinking only ultra rich sneaker heads like Kanye West or Jay-Z will be able to afford them," says Business Insider's Lorenzo Arguello.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Art is not a justification for discrimination
Subscribe to the Week