Certain styles of Nike sneakers are so sought after that wearing them in the wrong place at the wrong time could conceivably result in a mugging. The limited-edition Indulgence No. 5 Nike Dunks (price available on request) probably fit that bill. Part of Kenneth Courtney's "Ju$t Another Rich Kid" line, these Dunks are dipped in 24-karat gold. Only five pairs are being made, so "we're thinking only ultra rich sneaker heads like Kanye West or Jay-Z will be able to afford them," says Business Insider's Lorenzo Arguello.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week