A Wisconsin man was hospitalized after trying to stop his wife from voting for a Democrat to replace Republican Gov. Scott Walker. Jeffrey Radle, a Walker supporter, jumped in front of wife Amanda's Dodge Durango to block her from going to the polls to select a recall-vote opponent. He suffered head and back injuries. "These crazy liberal nuts are always pulling this crap," said Radle's brother, Mike, also a Walker supporter.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week