resident Obama's typed speech awaits before he delivers the keynote address at the 18th Annual Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies (APAICS) gala dinner on May 8 in Washington, D.C. Obama began his speech with a "Mahalo! and a shaka greeting, common among Hawaii residents. It's unclear if the president relied on a teleprompter, too.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week