President Obama's typed speech awaits before he delivers the keynote address at the 18th Annual Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies (APAICS) gala dinner on May 8 in Washington, D.C. Obama began his speech with a "Mahalo! and a shaka greeting, common among Hawaii residents. It's unclear if the president relied on a teleprompter, too.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- Don't hate the 'poor door'
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Are there too many good shows on television?
Subscribe to the Week