President Obama's typed speech awaits before he delivers the keynote address at the 18th Annual Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies (APAICS) gala dinner on May 8 in Washington, D.C. Obama began his speech with a "Mahalo! and a shaka greeting, common among Hawaii residents. It's unclear if the president relied on a teleprompter, too.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Surviving a plane crash
Subscribe to the Week