resident Obama's typed speech awaits before he delivers the keynote address at the 18th Annual Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies (APAICS) gala dinner on May 8 in Washington, D.C. Obama began his speech with a "Mahalo! and a shaka greeting, common among Hawaii residents. It's unclear if the president relied on a teleprompter, too.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The last racial taboo
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
Subscribe to the Week