resident Obama's typed speech awaits before he delivers the keynote address at the 18th Annual Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies (APAICS) gala dinner on May 8 in Washington, D.C. Obama began his speech with a "Mahalo! and a shaka greeting, common among Hawaii residents. It's unclear if the president relied on a teleprompter, too.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week