With a meager crowd of dozens looking on, President Obama spoke about the nation's still-hurting housing market in front of the three-bedroom home of Paul and Val Keller in Reno, Nev., on May 11. Considering that Val may not even vote for the president in November, this embarassingly sparse stage could represent a "disastrous photo opportunity" that comes back to haunt Team Obama, says Nina Golgowski at Britain's Daily Mail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How computers will replace your doctor
Subscribe to the Week