With a meager crowd of dozens looking on, President Obama spoke about the nation's still-hurting housing market in front of the three-bedroom home of Paul and Val Keller in Reno, Nev., on May 11. Considering that Val may not even vote for the president in November, this embarassingly sparse stage could represent a "disastrous photo opportunity" that comes back to haunt Team Obama, says Nina Golgowski at Britain's Daily Mail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week