With a meager crowd of dozens looking on, President Obama spoke about the nation's still-hurting housing market in front of the three-bedroom home of Paul and Val Keller in Reno, Nev., on May 11. Considering that Val may not even vote for the president in November, this embarassingly sparse stage could represent a "disastrous photo opportunity" that comes back to haunt Team Obama, says Nina Golgowski at Britain's Daily Mail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Why we gossip, according to science
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
Subscribe to the Week