With a meager crowd of dozens looking on, President Obama spoke about the nation's still-hurting housing market in front of the three-bedroom home of Paul and Val Keller in Reno, Nev., on May 11. Considering that Val may not even vote for the president in November, this embarassingly sparse stage could represent a "disastrous photo opportunity" that comes back to haunt Team Obama, says Nina Golgowski at Britain's Daily Mail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Sex can't explain the culture war
Subscribe to the Week