he new CliC Gold Sport sunglasses ($75,000) "bring the jewelry and optical worlds together." Made by the same company that created the world's most expensive reading glasses, each 18-karat, solid-gold pair requires roughly 40 hours of handwork by a master jeweler. A magnetic front-connection system ensures the glasses will never slip off, and the lenses are treated with a deluxe anti-reflective, scratch-resistant coating. Targeting "the most influential people in the world," the company will make only 100 pairs. Source: BornRich.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week