he new CliC Gold Sport sunglasses ($75,000) "bring the jewelry and optical worlds together." Made by the same company that created the world's most expensive reading glasses, each 18-karat, solid-gold pair requires roughly 40 hours of handwork by a master jeweler. A magnetic front-connection system ensures the glasses will never slip off, and the lenses are treated with a deluxe anti-reflective, scratch-resistant coating. Targeting "the most influential people in the world," the company will make only 100 pairs. Source: BornRich.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- The case for killing law school
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
Subscribe to the Week