wo chaperones at a Colorado high school prom are facing criminal charges after spraying Lysol on students they thought were dancing too suggestively. Police said that mothers Jennifer Farmer and Hannah Rockey, both 42, patrolled the prom in military fatigues, called female students "whores" and "sluts," and sprayed disinfectant on students who, in their words, were "dancing like they are having sex with clothes on." Clearly, the chaperones were unaware that nobody puts Baby in a germ-free corner.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Attack of the invasive species
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week