Two chaperones at a Colorado high school prom are facing criminal charges after spraying Lysol on students they thought were dancing too suggestively. Police said that mothers Jennifer Farmer and Hannah Rockey, both 42, patrolled the prom in military fatigues, called female students "whores" and "sluts," and sprayed disinfectant on students who, in their words, were "dancing like they are having sex with clothes on." Clearly, the chaperones were unaware that nobody puts Baby in a germ-free corner.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
Subscribe to the Week