Two chaperones at a Colorado high school prom are facing criminal charges after spraying Lysol on students they thought were dancing too suggestively. Police said that mothers Jennifer Farmer and Hannah Rockey, both 42, patrolled the prom in military fatigues, called female students "whores" and "sluts," and sprayed disinfectant on students who, in their words, were "dancing like they are having sex with clothes on." Clearly, the chaperones were unaware that nobody puts Baby in a germ-free corner.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week