Two chaperones at a Colorado high school prom are facing criminal charges after spraying Lysol on students they thought were dancing too suggestively. Police said that mothers Jennifer Farmer and Hannah Rockey, both 42, patrolled the prom in military fatigues, called female students "whores" and "sluts," and sprayed disinfectant on students who, in their words, were "dancing like they are having sex with clothes on." Clearly, the chaperones were unaware that nobody puts Baby in a germ-free corner.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week