Two chaperones at a Colorado high school prom are facing criminal charges after spraying Lysol on students they thought were dancing too suggestively. Police said that mothers Jennifer Farmer and Hannah Rockey, both 42, patrolled the prom in military fatigues, called female students "whores" and "sluts," and sprayed disinfectant on students who, in their words, were "dancing like they are having sex with clothes on." Clearly, the chaperones were unaware that nobody puts Baby in a germ-free corner.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Inside America's crumbling infrastructure
Subscribe to the Week