stronauts get all the coolest gear, but some well-to-do, earthbound fashionistas will soon get a chance to enjoy space-age threads. In conjunction with his current New York show Space Program: Mars, artist Tom Sachs has created a limited-edition sportswear line dubbed NikeCraft. It includes jackets and bags and the "Mars Yard" shoe ($385) — futuristic Nikes made from Vectran fabric spun from liquid crystal polymer and used in Mars Excursion Rover airbags. Source: Engadget
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show and Judge Andrew Napolitano play 'The Weakest Lincoln'
Subscribe to the Week