stronauts get all the coolest gear, but some well-to-do, earthbound fashionistas will soon get a chance to enjoy space-age threads. In conjunction with his current New York show Space Program: Mars, artist Tom Sachs has created a limited-edition sportswear line dubbed NikeCraft. It includes jackets and bags and the "Mars Yard" shoe ($385) — futuristic Nikes made from Vectran fabric spun from liquid crystal polymer and used in Mars Excursion Rover airbags. Source: Engadget
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- When will the Big One strike California?
Subscribe to the Week