Astronauts get all the coolest gear, but some well-to-do, earthbound fashionistas will soon get a chance to enjoy space-age threads. In conjunction with his current New York show Space Program: Mars, artist Tom Sachs has created a limited-edition sportswear line dubbed NikeCraft. It includes jackets and bags and the "Mars Yard" shoe ($385) — futuristic Nikes made from Vectran fabric spun from liquid crystal polymer and used in Mars Excursion Rover airbags. Source: Engadget
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week