resident Obama once famously said that his stance on gay marriage was "evolving." Or as The Onion waggishly put it, "Obama [struggled] with his position, his conscience saying, "Demand equality for gays now," and his poll numbers saying, "Wait for some more old withered bigots to die off first." In early May, Obama became the first president to officially endorse gay marriage. The New Yorker and Newsweek marked the milestone with rainbow covers, and now, fashionable Obama supporters can celebrate the watershed moment with this "Evolved" T-shirt ($22).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week