President Obama once famously said that his stance on gay marriage was "evolving." Or as The Onion waggishly put it, "Obama [struggled] with his position, his conscience saying, "Demand equality for gays now," and his poll numbers saying, "Wait for some more old withered bigots to die off first." In early May, Obama became the first president to officially endorse gay marriage. The New Yorker and Newsweek marked the milestone with rainbow covers, and now, fashionable Obama supporters can celebrate the watershed moment with this "Evolved" T-shirt ($22).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How I lost all my money
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week