President Obama once famously said that his stance on gay marriage was "evolving." Or as The Onion waggishly put it, "Obama [struggled] with his position, his conscience saying, "Demand equality for gays now," and his poll numbers saying, "Wait for some more old withered bigots to die off first." In early May, Obama became the first president to officially endorse gay marriage. The New Yorker and Newsweek marked the milestone with rainbow covers, and now, fashionable Obama supporters can celebrate the watershed moment with this "Evolved" T-shirt ($22).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
Subscribe to the Week