A New Jersey office worker says she was fired for being too voluptuous — by a company that makes erotic lingerie. Lauren Odes says she knew her employers at Native Intimates were Orthodox Jews, but was shocked nonetheless to be told she was "too hot." The lingerie wholesale company, she says, "sells things with hearts on the female genitals and boy shorts for women that say 'hot' in the buttocks area."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week