New Jersey office worker says she was fired for being too voluptuous — by a company that makes erotic lingerie. Lauren Odes says she knew her employers at Native Intimates were Orthodox Jews, but was shocked nonetheless to be told she was "too hot." The lingerie wholesale company, she says, "sells things with hearts on the female genitals and boy shorts for women that say 'hot' in the buttocks area."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
Subscribe to the Week