New Jersey office worker says she was fired for being too voluptuous — by a company that makes erotic lingerie. Lauren Odes says she knew her employers at Native Intimates were Orthodox Jews, but was shocked nonetheless to be told she was "too hot." The lingerie wholesale company, she says, "sells things with hearts on the female genitals and boy shorts for women that say 'hot' in the buttocks area."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
Subscribe to the Week