A New Jersey office worker says she was fired for being too voluptuous — by a company that makes erotic lingerie. Lauren Odes says she knew her employers at Native Intimates were Orthodox Jews, but was shocked nonetheless to be told she was "too hot." The lingerie wholesale company, she says, "sells things with hearts on the female genitals and boy shorts for women that say 'hot' in the buttocks area."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- How to deep fry a turkey
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
Subscribe to the Week