A New Jersey office worker says she was fired for being too voluptuous — by a company that makes erotic lingerie. Lauren Odes says she knew her employers at Native Intimates were Orthodox Jews, but was shocked nonetheless to be told she was "too hot." The lingerie wholesale company, she says, "sells things with hearts on the female genitals and boy shorts for women that say 'hot' in the buttocks area."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
Subscribe to the Week