President Obama sings the national anthem at Joplin High School's commencement ceremony on May 21, revealing a wristband with the word "Willdabeast" on it. The bracelet was created to honor Will Norton, a Joplin High School student who was killed by Missouri's devastating tornado last year, just hours after he graduated. A total of 160 people were killed in the natural disaster.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
Subscribe to the Week