resident Obama sings the national anthem at Joplin High School's commencement ceremony on May 21, revealing a wristband with the word "Willdabeast" on it. The bracelet was created to honor Will Norton, a Joplin High School student who was killed by Missouri's devastating tornado last year, just hours after he graduated. A total of 160 people were killed in the natural disaster.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week