high school nurse in Florida refused to let a student use his inhaler during an asthma attack because his mother hadn't signed the proper form. With the nurse looking on, Michael Rudi, 17, was suffocating when his mother arrived with an inhaler. The nurse "looked at me, and did nothing," said Rudi. "It's like something out of a horror film."
- Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson insulted African-Americans, too
- How advertisers use sex to sell products to women
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The way Hillary can win in 2016
- Will Democrats clean up in 2014 gubernatorial races?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Yes, the NBA's Eastern Conference sucks. No, we shouldn't abolish conferences.
- Have banking and law careers gone out of style?
- Based on a true story? Fact-checking 6 Oscar contenders
Subscribe to the Week