Mitt Romney peers out the window of his campaign plane, trying to locate his La Jolla home after taking off from San Diego International Airport enroute to Colorado on May 28. A day later, after winning the Texas primary, Romney secured the 1,144 delegates he needs to win the Republican presidential nomination.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- The week's best photojournalism
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
Subscribe to the Week