Mitt Romney peers out the window of his campaign plane, trying to locate his La Jolla home after taking off from San Diego International Airport enroute to Colorado on May 28. A day later, after winning the Texas primary, Romney secured the 1,144 delegates he needs to win the Republican presidential nomination.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 10 things you need to know today: August 27, 2014
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
- In defense of Obama's golfing
Subscribe to the Week