osquitoes bothering you? Forget sprays and candles. The Mega-Catch Ultra Mosquito Trap ($599) is designed for mosquito haters who are "more into full-on slaughter than pacifist-like defense." This contraption mimics the presence of human life to attract, trap, and kill pests, and it's "less of a hassle" than its rivals because it's powered by electricity instead of a propane tank. When plugged in, the trap's LEDs, black lights, and heating elements lure mosquitoes within 1.5 acres, eventually collapsing the local population. Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week