osquitoes bothering you? Forget sprays and candles. The Mega-Catch Ultra Mosquito Trap ($599) is designed for mosquito haters who are "more into full-on slaughter than pacifist-like defense." This contraption mimics the presence of human life to attract, trap, and kill pests, and it's "less of a hassle" than its rivals because it's powered by electricity instead of a propane tank. When plugged in, the trap's LEDs, black lights, and heating elements lure mosquitoes within 1.5 acres, eventually collapsing the local population. Source: The Wall Street Journal
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- The last racial taboo
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
Subscribe to the Week