Mosquitoes bothering you? Forget sprays and candles. The Mega-Catch Ultra Mosquito Trap ($599) is designed for mosquito haters who are "more into full-on slaughter than pacifist-like defense." This contraption mimics the presence of human life to attract, trap, and kill pests, and it's "less of a hassle" than its rivals because it's powered by electricity instead of a propane tank. When plugged in, the trap's LEDs, black lights, and heating elements lure mosquitoes within 1.5 acres, eventually collapsing the local population. Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week