Mosquitoes bothering you? Forget sprays and candles. The Mega-Catch Ultra Mosquito Trap ($599) is designed for mosquito haters who are "more into full-on slaughter than pacifist-like defense." This contraption mimics the presence of human life to attract, trap, and kill pests, and it's "less of a hassle" than its rivals because it's powered by electricity instead of a propane tank. When plugged in, the trap's LEDs, black lights, and heating elements lure mosquitoes within 1.5 acres, eventually collapsing the local population. Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week