Mosquitoes bothering you? Forget sprays and candles. The Mega-Catch Ultra Mosquito Trap ($599) is designed for mosquito haters who are "more into full-on slaughter than pacifist-like defense." This contraption mimics the presence of human life to attract, trap, and kill pests, and it's "less of a hassle" than its rivals because it's powered by electricity instead of a propane tank. When plugged in, the trap's LEDs, black lights, and heating elements lure mosquitoes within 1.5 acres, eventually collapsing the local population. Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week