ome people find HBO's sprawling fantasy epic Game of Thrones convoluted to a baffling degree. Others, presumably, are such fans that they'll plunk down 30 grand for a full-scale replica of the eponymous Iron Throne ($31,800, including shipping). Made of what HBO calls "hand-finished, hand-painted fiberglass and fire-proof resin" — not 1,000 swords from vanquished foes, as in the show — the throne is more than 7 feet tall and weighs 350 pounds. "It might not match your living room decor," says Mike Wehner at Tecca, but you can always redecorate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week