Some people find HBO's sprawling fantasy epic Game of Thrones convoluted to a baffling degree. Others, presumably, are such fans that they'll plunk down 30 grand for a full-scale replica of the eponymous Iron Throne ($31,800, including shipping). Made of what HBO calls "hand-finished, hand-painted fiberglass and fire-proof resin" — not 1,000 swords from vanquished foes, as in the show — the throne is more than 7 feet tall and weighs 350 pounds. "It might not match your living room decor," says Mike Wehner at Tecca, but you can always redecorate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The psychology of bribery and corruption
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
Subscribe to the Week