A bus driver is suing a Connecticut hospital, claiming that the staff watched a baseball game instead of treating his persistent erection. Daren Scott went to the Yale–New Haven hospital with a painful erection that had lasted four hours. For an hour, he claims, "the staff, including the physicians, continued to watch the baseball game and ignore plaintiff's condition," resulting in lasting damage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week