A bus driver is suing a Connecticut hospital, claiming that the staff watched a baseball game instead of treating his persistent erection. Daren Scott went to the Yale–New Haven hospital with a painful erection that had lasted four hours. For an hour, he claims, "the staff, including the physicians, continued to watch the baseball game and ignore plaintiff's condition," resulting in lasting damage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week