A bus driver is suing a Connecticut hospital, claiming that the staff watched a baseball game instead of treating his persistent erection. Daren Scott went to the Yale–New Haven hospital with a painful erection that had lasted four hours. For an hour, he claims, "the staff, including the physicians, continued to watch the baseball game and ignore plaintiff's condition," resulting in lasting damage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The next pandemic
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week