avis High School in Utah has been fined $15,000 because its vending machines dispensed soda during lunch. Federal nutrition guidelines allow schools to have vending machines, but ban sugary drinks with school meals. "You can buy a Coke before lunch, and consume it during lunch," a spokesman said, "but you can't buy a Coke during lunch."
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- Why European women are still smoking like chimneys
Subscribe to the Week