In a typographical error that reverberated all over the internet, the Romney campaign unveiled a new iPhone app on June 6 with the all-important word "America" misspelled. The app was supposed to be "a fun, easy way to showcase support" for the Republican presidential nominee, said Romney digital director Zac Moffatt. Better luck next time.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week