Mitt Romney carries donuts to members of his staff during a campaign stop in Council Bluffs, Iowa, on June 8. While stumping in the Hawkeye State, Romney seized on a comment that President Obama made at a press conference ("The private sector is doing fine"), declaring that Obama's remark would "go down in history" as an "extraordinary miscalculation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
Subscribe to the Week