Mitt Romney carries donuts to members of his staff during a campaign stop in Council Bluffs, Iowa, on June 8. While stumping in the Hawkeye State, Romney seized on a comment that President Obama made at a press conference ("The private sector is doing fine"), declaring that Obama's remark would "go down in history" as an "extraordinary miscalculation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
Subscribe to the Week