Mitt Romney carries donuts to members of his staff during a campaign stop in Council Bluffs, Iowa, on June 8. While stumping in the Hawkeye State, Romney seized on a comment that President Obama made at a press conference ("The private sector is doing fine"), declaring that Obama's remark would "go down in history" as an "extraordinary miscalculation."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
Subscribe to the Week