he principal of a New York City school has banned kindergarten students from singing Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" at their graduation, on the grounds that "we don't want to offend other cultures." Her decision angered many parents. "A lot of people fought to move to America to live freely, so that song should be sung with a whole lot of pride," said parent Luz Lozada.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- 5 surprising snubs from the Golden Globe nominations
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
Subscribe to the Week