woman takes cover beneath a table at Mapleside Farms in Brunswick, Ohio, where Mitt Romney stopped on June 17 to speak to supporters and enjoy a (rather soggy) pancake breakfast. The purveyors at Mapleside prepared 10,000 pancakes and provided 100 gallons of syrup for the GOP presidential candidate's visit. The rain drove away some of the event's estimated 2,900 attendees.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week