A woman takes cover beneath a table at Mapleside Farms in Brunswick, Ohio, where Mitt Romney stopped on June 17 to speak to supporters and enjoy a (rather soggy) pancake breakfast. The purveyors at Mapleside prepared 10,000 pancakes and provided 100 gallons of syrup for the GOP presidential candidate's visit. The rain drove away some of the event's estimated 2,900 attendees.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week