A woman takes cover beneath a table at Mapleside Farms in Brunswick, Ohio, where Mitt Romney stopped on June 17 to speak to supporters and enjoy a (rather soggy) pancake breakfast. The purveyors at Mapleside prepared 10,000 pancakes and provided 100 gallons of syrup for the GOP presidential candidate's visit. The rain drove away some of the event's estimated 2,900 attendees.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
Subscribe to the Week