Virginia lawmakers had to omit any reference to "climate change" and "sea-level rise" in funding a study of a growing flooding problem. Scientists say sea levels along the state's coast have risen more than a foot and are still rising. Republicans conceded that flooding is a growing problem, but said there could be no mention of "sea-level rise" because it's a "left-wing term."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week