Virginia lawmakers had to omit any reference to "climate change" and "sea-level rise" in funding a study of a growing flooding problem. Scientists say sea levels along the state's coast have risen more than a foot and are still rising. Republicans conceded that flooding is a growing problem, but said there could be no mention of "sea-level rise" because it's a "left-wing term."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Obama's politically lethal credibility problem
Subscribe to the Week