Virginia lawmakers had to omit any reference to "climate change" and "sea-level rise" in funding a study of a growing flooding problem. Scientists say sea levels along the state's coast have risen more than a foot and are still rising. Republicans conceded that flooding is a growing problem, but said there could be no mention of "sea-level rise" because it's a "left-wing term."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
Subscribe to the Week