A job seeker is suing the Voss Lighting Co. of Nebraska, claiming he was rejected because he hadn't been "born again." Edward Wolfe says his interviewer asked for details on how he'd been "saved," and became "agitated" when Wolfe said he hadn't been. Voss says the applicant it hired instead of Wolfe simply "had more lighting product experience."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
Subscribe to the Week