The Action Trackchair ($8,800) is the "Humvee of personal mobility solutions." Created by a Minnesota man whose son was paralyzed in a car accident, this heavy-duty transporter keeps the wheelchair-bound from being confined to sidewalks and streets. Its tank-style treads "open up fields and forests for off-roading." It's fit for trips to the beach, hikes in the woods, "even fording small streams" and "slogging through swamps." Hunters can add optional gun racks and mounts. "And, yes, that's right, it comes in camo." Source: Wired
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- Why I choose not to be rich
- What if The Purge was real?
- Here's the last time Russia shot down a passenger plane
Subscribe to the Week