The Action Trackchair ($8,800) is the "Humvee of personal mobility solutions." Created by a Minnesota man whose son was paralyzed in a car accident, this heavy-duty transporter keeps the wheelchair-bound from being confined to sidewalks and streets. Its tank-style treads "open up fields and forests for off-roading." It's fit for trips to the beach, hikes in the woods, "even fording small streams" and "slogging through swamps." Hunters can add optional gun racks and mounts. "And, yes, that's right, it comes in camo." Source: Wired
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- What is Jebonomics?
Subscribe to the Week