The Action Trackchair ($8,800) is the "Humvee of personal mobility solutions." Created by a Minnesota man whose son was paralyzed in a car accident, this heavy-duty transporter keeps the wheelchair-bound from being confined to sidewalks and streets. Its tank-style treads "open up fields and forests for off-roading." It's fit for trips to the beach, hikes in the woods, "even fording small streams" and "slogging through swamps." Hunters can add optional gun racks and mounts. "And, yes, that's right, it comes in camo." Source: Wired
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
Subscribe to the Week