he Action Trackchair ($8,800) is the "Humvee of personal mobility solutions." Created by a Minnesota man whose son was paralyzed in a car accident, this heavy-duty transporter keeps the wheelchair-bound from being confined to sidewalks and streets. Its tank-style treads "open up fields and forests for off-roading." It's fit for trips to the beach, hikes in the woods, "even fording small streams" and "slogging through swamps." Hunters can add optional gun racks and mounts. "And, yes, that's right, it comes in camo." Source: Wired
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
Subscribe to the Week