he Action Trackchair ($8,800) is the "Humvee of personal mobility solutions." Created by a Minnesota man whose son was paralyzed in a car accident, this heavy-duty transporter keeps the wheelchair-bound from being confined to sidewalks and streets. Its tank-style treads "open up fields and forests for off-roading." It's fit for trips to the beach, hikes in the woods, "even fording small streams" and "slogging through swamps." Hunters can add optional gun racks and mounts. "And, yes, that's right, it comes in camo." Source: Wired
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
Subscribe to the Week