Percent of beer sold in cans, which are cheaper than bottles, in 2011, up from 48 percent in 2007
Percent decline in beer consumption overall since the Great Recession began
Pints of beer consumed by the average U.S. adult in 2011, down from 174 in 2008
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
- The girl who wouldn't die
Subscribe to the Week