The typical American woman spends about $100 per month on cosmetics. Now, Japanese beauty biz player Cle de Peau Beaute is graciously allowing her to spend a whole lot more. The company's proposed new moisturizer, La Creme, will cost upwards of $13,000 for a 50-gram jar (less than 2 ounces). That's five times more expensive than gold. The company is only producing three jars of the elite goo, which will come in handmade crystal-and-platinum containers and be hawked by actress Amanda Seyfried. Source: Stylist
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week