The typical American woman spends about $100 per month on cosmetics. Now, Japanese beauty biz player Cle de Peau Beaute is graciously allowing her to spend a whole lot more. The company's proposed new moisturizer, La Creme, will cost upwards of $13,000 for a 50-gram jar (less than 2 ounces). That's five times more expensive than gold. The company is only producing three jars of the elite goo, which will come in handmade crystal-and-platinum containers and be hawked by actress Amanda Seyfried. Source: Stylist
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
Subscribe to the Week