he typical American woman spends about $100 per month on cosmetics. Now, Japanese beauty biz player Cle de Peau Beaute is graciously allowing her to spend a whole lot more. The company's proposed new moisturizer, La Creme, will cost upwards of $13,000 for a 50-gram jar (less than 2 ounces). That's five times more expensive than gold. The company is only producing three jars of the elite goo, which will come in handmade crystal-and-platinum containers and be hawked by actress Amanda Seyfried. Source: Stylist
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why cutting the government doesn't make it more efficient
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week