The typical American woman spends about $100 per month on cosmetics. Now, Japanese beauty biz player Cle de Peau Beaute is graciously allowing her to spend a whole lot more. The company's proposed new moisturizer, La Creme, will cost upwards of $13,000 for a 50-gram jar (less than 2 ounces). That's five times more expensive than gold. The company is only producing three jars of the elite goo, which will come in handmade crystal-and-platinum containers and be hawked by actress Amanda Seyfried. Source: Stylist
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week