he typical American woman spends about $100 per month on cosmetics. Now, Japanese beauty biz player Cle de Peau Beaute is graciously allowing her to spend a whole lot more. The company's proposed new moisturizer, La Creme, will cost upwards of $13,000 for a 50-gram jar (less than 2 ounces). That's five times more expensive than gold. The company is only producing three jars of the elite goo, which will come in handmade crystal-and-platinum containers and be hawked by actress Amanda Seyfried. Source: Stylist
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The secrets of happy families
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Subscribe to the Week