The typical American woman spends about $100 per month on cosmetics. Now, Japanese beauty biz player Cle de Peau Beaute is graciously allowing her to spend a whole lot more. The company's proposed new moisturizer, La Creme, will cost upwards of $13,000 for a 50-gram jar (less than 2 ounces). That's five times more expensive than gold. The company is only producing three jars of the elite goo, which will come in handmade crystal-and-platinum containers and be hawked by actress Amanda Seyfried. Source: Stylist
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- How to flirt, according to science
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week