New Yorkers wait for Obama's presidential motorcade to pass on June 14 in New York City. While in Manhattan, Obama received a briefing on the progress of the new 104-story tower at the World Trade Center site, and attended two campaign fundraisers, including one at the home of actors Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick, which — along with celebrity endorsements from the likes of Vogue editor Anna Wintour — suggest to some observers that Obama's "out of touch."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week