ew Yorkers wait for Obama's presidential motorcade to pass on June 14 in New York City. While in Manhattan, Obama received a briefing on the progress of the new 104-story tower at the World Trade Center site, and attended two campaign fundraisers, including one at the home of actors Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick, which — along with celebrity endorsements from the likes of Vogue editor Anna Wintour — suggest to some observers that Obama's "out of touch."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week