New Yorkers wait for Obama's presidential motorcade to pass on June 14 in New York City. While in Manhattan, Obama received a briefing on the progress of the new 104-story tower at the World Trade Center site, and attended two campaign fundraisers, including one at the home of actors Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick, which — along with celebrity endorsements from the likes of Vogue editor Anna Wintour — suggest to some observers that Obama's "out of touch."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week