ew Yorkers wait for Obama's presidential motorcade to pass on June 14 in New York City. While in Manhattan, Obama received a briefing on the progress of the new 104-story tower at the World Trade Center site, and attended two campaign fundraisers, including one at the home of actors Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick, which — along with celebrity endorsements from the likes of Vogue editor Anna Wintour — suggest to some observers that Obama's "out of touch."
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
Subscribe to the Week