New Yorkers wait for Obama's presidential motorcade to pass on June 14 in New York City. While in Manhattan, Obama received a briefing on the progress of the new 104-story tower at the World Trade Center site, and attended two campaign fundraisers, including one at the home of actors Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick, which — along with celebrity endorsements from the likes of Vogue editor Anna Wintour — suggest to some observers that Obama's "out of touch."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week