A New Jersey woman hit by a baseball at a Little League game is suing the 11-year-old player who threw it. Spectator Elizabeth Lloyd wants catcher Matthew Migliaccio to pay her $150,000, alleging that his errant warm-up throw was "reckless." "The whole thing has almost been surreal," said the boy’s father. "We keep thinking it’s just going to go away."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week