New Jersey woman hit by a baseball at a Little League game is suing the 11-year-old player who threw it. Spectator Elizabeth Lloyd wants catcher Matthew Migliaccio to pay her $150,000, alleging that his errant warm-up throw was "reckless." "The whole thing has almost been surreal," said the boy’s father. "We keep thinking it’s just going to go away."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week