New Jersey woman hit by a baseball at a Little League game is suing the 11-year-old player who threw it. Spectator Elizabeth Lloyd wants catcher Matthew Migliaccio to pay her $150,000, alleging that his errant warm-up throw was "reckless." "The whole thing has almost been surreal," said the boy’s father. "We keep thinking it’s just going to go away."
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Why the FDA's new antibiotic rules fall short
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The toughest question for 2016 Democratic presidential candidates
Subscribe to the Week