After a neighbor passed gas outside his apartment door, New Jersey resident Daniel Collins Jr. allegedly pulled a .32 caliber Taurus revolver and said, "I'm going to put a hole in your head." Collins, 72, and the gassy unidentified victim, 47, had apparently been feuding over "noise complaints" for some time. Collins, who was arrested, denies brandishing a pistol.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week