After a neighbor passed gas outside his apartment door, New Jersey resident Daniel Collins Jr. allegedly pulled a .32 caliber Taurus revolver and said, "I'm going to put a hole in your head." Collins, 72, and the gassy unidentified victim, 47, had apparently been feuding over "noise complaints" for some time. Collins, who was arrested, denies brandishing a pistol.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
Subscribe to the Week