Mitt Romney presents devoted supporter Jim Wilson with a new truck in Sterling, Va., on June 27. Wilson, who has dutifully followed Romney around the country to attend campaign events, recently lost his truck in a fire. "We were grateful that [Jim] was unharmed in the fire, and wanted to help him fulfill his commitment to return to the trail as soon as possible," said Romney campaign spokesman Ryan Williams.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week