Mitt Romney presents devoted supporter Jim Wilson with a new truck in Sterling, Va., on June 27. Wilson, who has dutifully followed Romney around the country to attend campaign events, recently lost his truck in a fire. "We were grateful that [Jim] was unharmed in the fire, and wanted to help him fulfill his commitment to return to the trail as soon as possible," said Romney campaign spokesman Ryan Williams.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The next pandemic
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week