Obama campaign staff prepare the stage for the president's July 5 event at the Wolcott House Museum Complex in Maumee, Ohio. Obama, who traveled by bus through Northern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania for his ''Betting on America'' campaign tour, talked up his administration's efforts to improve the economy by creating manufacturing jobs and rescuing the auto industry.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week