Obama campaign staff prepare the stage for the president's July 5 event at the Wolcott House Museum Complex in Maumee, Ohio. Obama, who traveled by bus through Northern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania for his ''Betting on America'' campaign tour, talked up his administration's efforts to improve the economy by creating manufacturing jobs and rescuing the auto industry.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week