Obama campaign staff prepare the stage for the president's July 5 event at the Wolcott House Museum Complex in Maumee, Ohio. Obama, who traveled by bus through Northern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania for his ''Betting on America'' campaign tour, talked up his administration's efforts to improve the economy by creating manufacturing jobs and rescuing the auto industry.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
Subscribe to the Week