If you're too restless to put down roots on your own private island, why not consider a moveable one? Orsos Island ($6.5 million), a diesel-fueled house-yacht hybrid that's being sold as a manmade floating "island," features six bedrooms, an underwater karaoke suite, a barbecue, theater, jacuzzi, and even an aquarium. "Considering some billionaires are dropping hundreds of millions of dollars on their own islands," says Julie Zeveloff at Business Insider, $6.5 million for a "crazy artificial island" is almost a bargain. Source: CNN
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
Subscribe to the Week