If you're too restless to put down roots on your own private island, why not consider a moveable one? Orsos Island ($6.5 million), a diesel-fueled house-yacht hybrid that's being sold as a manmade floating "island," features six bedrooms, an underwater karaoke suite, a barbecue, theater, jacuzzi, and even an aquarium. "Considering some billionaires are dropping hundreds of millions of dollars on their own islands," says Julie Zeveloff at Business Insider, $6.5 million for a "crazy artificial island" is almost a bargain. Source: CNN
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week