f you're too restless to put down roots on your own private island, why not consider a moveable one? Orsos Island ($6.5 million), a diesel-fueled house-yacht hybrid that's being sold as a manmade floating "island," features six bedrooms, an underwater karaoke suite, a barbecue, theater, jacuzzi, and even an aquarium. "Considering some billionaires are dropping hundreds of millions of dollars on their own islands," says Julie Zeveloff at Business Insider, $6.5 million for a "crazy artificial island" is almost a bargain. Source: CNN
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Captain America won over China
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
Subscribe to the Week