f you're too restless to put down roots on your own private island, why not consider a moveable one? Orsos Island ($6.5 million), a diesel-fueled house-yacht hybrid that's being sold as a manmade floating "island," features six bedrooms, an underwater karaoke suite, a barbecue, theater, jacuzzi, and even an aquarium. "Considering some billionaires are dropping hundreds of millions of dollars on their own islands," says Julie Zeveloff at Business Insider, $6.5 million for a "crazy artificial island" is almost a bargain. Source: CNN
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
- Can Rand Paul avoid the Neville Chamberlain trap?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week