If you're too restless to put down roots on your own private island, why not consider a moveable one? Orsos Island ($6.5 million), a diesel-fueled house-yacht hybrid that's being sold as a manmade floating "island," features six bedrooms, an underwater karaoke suite, a barbecue, theater, jacuzzi, and even an aquarium. "Considering some billionaires are dropping hundreds of millions of dollars on their own islands," says Julie Zeveloff at Business Insider, $6.5 million for a "crazy artificial island" is almost a bargain. Source: CNN
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week