During this sweltering summer, many overheated Americans are scampering for the chill of air-conditioned rooms. But what if you could take that cool comfort with you? Japanese company Kuchofuku has got you covered with its Air-Conditioned Cooling Pants ($208), whose cargo pockets conceal two battery-powered fans that direct a breeze toward your nether regions. But hold on, says Molly Oswaks at Gizmodo. Perhaps these pants "aren't as brilliant as my sun-addled mind first thought. Because: Shorts." Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The week's best photojournalism
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week