During this sweltering summer, many overheated Americans are scampering for the chill of air-conditioned rooms. But what if you could take that cool comfort with you? Japanese company Kuchofuku has got you covered with its Air-Conditioned Cooling Pants ($208), whose cargo pockets conceal two battery-powered fans that direct a breeze toward your nether regions. But hold on, says Molly Oswaks at Gizmodo. Perhaps these pants "aren't as brilliant as my sun-addled mind first thought. Because: Shorts." Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- How to make classic pulled pork
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The main lesson of Argentina's debt nightmare
Subscribe to the Week