During this sweltering summer, many overheated Americans are scampering for the chill of air-conditioned rooms. But what if you could take that cool comfort with you? Japanese company Kuchofuku has got you covered with its Air-Conditioned Cooling Pants ($208), whose cargo pockets conceal two battery-powered fans that direct a breeze toward your nether regions. But hold on, says Molly Oswaks at Gizmodo. Perhaps these pants "aren't as brilliant as my sun-addled mind first thought. Because: Shorts." Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week