During this sweltering summer, many overheated Americans are scampering for the chill of air-conditioned rooms. But what if you could take that cool comfort with you? Japanese company Kuchofuku has got you covered with its Air-Conditioned Cooling Pants ($208), whose cargo pockets conceal two battery-powered fans that direct a breeze toward your nether regions. But hold on, says Molly Oswaks at Gizmodo. Perhaps these pants "aren't as brilliant as my sun-addled mind first thought. Because: Shorts." Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Are hedge funds doomed?
Subscribe to the Week