uring this sweltering summer, many overheated Americans are scampering for the chill of air-conditioned rooms. But what if you could take that cool comfort with you? Japanese company Kuchofuku has got you covered with its Air-Conditioned Cooling Pants ($208), whose cargo pockets conceal two battery-powered fans that direct a breeze toward your nether regions. But hold on, says Molly Oswaks at Gizmodo. Perhaps these pants "aren't as brilliant as my sun-addled mind first thought. Because: Shorts." Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week