The former mistress of a Nassau County, N.Y., police officer is suing the county, claiming his supervisors should have stopped him from sleeping with her. Tara Obenauer, 42, a Wall Street executive, says the department was "negligent" for not knowing Officer Mike Tedesco often visited her home while on duty, and that the affair caused her "severe and substantial emotional damage." A lawyer for the county said the claim "defies imagination."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week