The former mistress of a Nassau County, N.Y., police officer is suing the county, claiming his supervisors should have stopped him from sleeping with her. Tara Obenauer, 42, a Wall Street executive, says the department was "negligent" for not knowing Officer Mike Tedesco often visited her home while on duty, and that the affair caused her "severe and substantial emotional damage." A lawyer for the county said the claim "defies imagination."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week