pioneering and arguably irreverent South Carolina funeral home is opening a Starbucks coffee store in its lobby. The baristas will wear Starbucks uniforms as they dispense lattes to mourners who need a little jolt. Funeral-home owner Chris Robinson says he hopes the new Coffee Corner will help customers relax and "get their minds off of what’s going on."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
Subscribe to the Week