pioneering and arguably irreverent South Carolina funeral home is opening a Starbucks coffee store in its lobby. The baristas will wear Starbucks uniforms as they dispense lattes to mourners who need a little jolt. Funeral-home owner Chris Robinson says he hopes the new Coffee Corner will help customers relax and "get their minds off of what’s going on."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- SNL tackles Vladimir Putin's Ukraine invasion, politically and personally
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week