A pioneering and arguably irreverent South Carolina funeral home is opening a Starbucks coffee store in its lobby. The baristas will wear Starbucks uniforms as they dispense lattes to mourners who need a little jolt. Funeral-home owner Chris Robinson says he hopes the new Coffee Corner will help customers relax and "get their minds off of what’s going on."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Why TheWeek.com is closing the comments section
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week