A pioneering and arguably irreverent South Carolina funeral home is opening a Starbucks coffee store in its lobby. The baristas will wear Starbucks uniforms as they dispense lattes to mourners who need a little jolt. Funeral-home owner Chris Robinson says he hopes the new Coffee Corner will help customers relax and "get their minds off of what’s going on."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Stop your unpatriotic fearmongering over ISIS
Subscribe to the Week